1980’s themed parties are all the rage these days. They are targeted to those who were most likely born in that decade, so it’s a fun way to reminisce about those childhood years. 80’s parties are easy to come by and not likely to cease anytime soon. Such parties are so great because they boast some pretty wild costumes and some awesome music. And it’s those bodacious tunes that today’s post is centered on.
Below are my top 10 favorite songs from the radical 80’s. It was truly hard to limit it to only 10, but I tried my best. I’m sad not to include Bruce Springsteen, Journey, AC/DC, Guns n’ Roses, or Madonna (sorry Madonna!). But if there were runners up, they’d include: “Like A Prayer” by Madonna, “Man In The Mirror” and “Dirty Diana” by Michael Jackson. Rock on!
10. Fat Bottomed Girls – Queen
9. Time After Time – Cyndi Lauper
8. Jesse’s Girl – Rick Springfield
7. Abracadabra – Steve Miller Band
6. Thriller – Michael Jackson
5. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) – The Eurythmics
4. Don’t You (Forget About Me) – Simple Minds
3. (Still Haven’t Found) What I’m Lookin’ For – U2
2. Tie: Money For Nothing / Walk Of Life – Dire Straits
1. Got My Mind Set On You – George Harrison