9 04 2010

I didn’t think it could get any worse…

On the way to the bar after our victorious kickball game, my teammates and I were hit with a torrential downpour. A thunderstorm of extreme casualties. This rainstorm led to what I can only assume was a quick and painless death to my cell phone. I was pretty upset, especially after my camera had also broke the week before. I rely heavily on my cell phone and didn’t know what to do. I figured it couldn’t get any worse. Despite the situation, I decided to forget my worries and have fun at the bar. And did I ever…

When I left the bar last night, I was still in wet clothes, freezing, drunk, without a working cell phone, and alone. And then I got lost. Walking around the city at who knows what time of night, I somehow either couldn’t find the Metro or decided that it would be closed. I wandered around what I think may have been the GW area for some time, and eventually stumbled into a Starbucks to ask them if they could please call a cab for me. Not surprisingly, they told me they could not, so I was back on the streets. After numerous tries to hail a cab, I finally succeeded and abruptly passed out after telling the driver where to take me. And I thought it couldn’t get worse.

It was a bad night and I figured that once I got home I could get some rest, change into warm, dry clothes and things would improve.

I got back to my place and passed out again, still in my wet clothes. When I managed to wake up it was 7:20 AM. Around twenty minutes later than I normally wake up, but for not setting an alarm, it was doable. Thing was, I was still cold, wet, and drunk. And I had to be at work at 8:30 AM. No way. I figured I could catch some Z’s in some warm pajamas in my bed and take a short nap and that I would come to work an hour or so late. So I emailed my boss telling him my phone was broken and that I wasn’t feeling good and I’d be at work a little late.

I arrived at work at 1 PM. (My “quick nap” runneth over.) My boss informed me that not only did he not get my email but that he wanted to fire me for my repeated tardiness. He discussed this with his boss. I was then informed that the next time I come to work later than 9 AM, I would be fired. No questions asked. End.

And I thought things couldn’t get worse.




One response

10 04 2010
Matthew Bryan Metzger

omg sorry you had such a bad day. I hope things got better : ).

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: